The Centre for Art Tapes is an active community of media artists. Your CFAT membership provides discounted equipment and facility rentals, workshops, and events.
Memberships can be purchased with cash or cheque at CFAT, or online through Paypal (however we charge a 3% service fee for online transactions). Please see category descriptions below.
All current members receive:
• Monthly e-newsletter and e-notices for opportunities and special events
• Invitations to events, talks, fundraisers, screenings, exhibitions and the like
• Discounted fees to rent gear or editing suite time
• Vote at general and annual meetings
• Discounts on workshops and CFAT event tickets
• Other benefits as will from time-to-time be negotiated by CFAT for members
• *Only fully paid, full members may serve on the Board of Directors
CFAT Members receive free access to in-house equipment and facilities every Thursday.
The CFAT Members’ Newsletter includes job postings, screening and exhibition opportunities, upcoming residencies, as well as the latest news from the CFAT community.
CFAT members help shape and define the future of the Centre, through various committees. Want experience developing the curatorial programming of an artist-run centre? Join the Programming Committee!
Volunteer at CFAT, and get paid in CFAT Dollars!
Full CFAT Membership Levels:
- Individual – $60, January to January, pro-rated to $30, July to January
- – all benefits of membership
- Student – $20, January to January, pro-rated to $10, July to January
- – full time students who are registered in secondary and post-secondary school (producing valid ID)
- – receive regular member benefits
- Non-Profit Organizations – $130, January to January, pro-rated to $65, July to January
- – non-profit organizations may apply for in-kind support
- Production – $475 per year
- – same benefits as individual members, but not additional equipment rental fee – *Black Magic 4k Production Camera is not included
- Editing – $595 per year
- – same benefits as individual members, but no additional suite rental fee
- Associate – $30, January to January, pro-rated to $15, July to January
- – a category that does not accrue general member benefits, other than workshop discounts, or non-voting membership enabling these friends of CFAT to serve on committees and otherwise support the Centre
Memberships are based on a calendar year, starting January 1 annually.
Note: Mobile production equipment can be booked for a maximum of one week (7 days) at a time, 14 days per month and over 2 weekends per month. In-house equipment and suites can be booked for a maximum of 30 hours per week. Requests for longer bookings must be submitted in writing to the Board of Directors.
Limited Production & Editing membership options:
- Limited Production (2 months option) – $160 per 2 months
- Limited Editing (2 months option) – $200 per 2 months
Members joining under this scheme have the same benefits as other members –but only for those two months, by dates, of the duration of their membership. At the time of general and annual general meetings these members only have votes if their memberships are currently active
(as of June 24, 2015 – AGM meeting)